Wednesday, November 26, 2014

1 Month update

Things have been a little crazy at home with Zay lately.  For some reason he's not feeling right so he keeps crying and when I say crying I mean shrieking.  The sound is blaring in my ear and all he does is eat poop and sleep so I don't know what could possibly so bad that warrants such a noise.  I thought as a parent I'd get used to the noise by now, or at least approach it with a little more compassion but I've even contemplated screaming right back at him.  You know that scene in Lion King where little Simba thinks he's all fierce in the elephant's graveyard, roaring at the hyenas (wattup Whoopi!) and then Mufasa comes out of nowhere and delivers that Bose 5.1 surround sound roar?  Yeah that shut everybody up.  I doubt it'd do much to this little guy though.  The only thing that will shut him up when he's in the zone like that is sticking a bottle in his mouth.

So like I said, he's been super fussy lately and he hadn't taken a dump in 3 days.  I figured it's cuz he backed up.  The coworkers at work were all freaking out... saying if he didn't poo every day he might need to get surgery.  People told us to give him water, press on his tummy, even massage his butthole (pass).  Melissa seems to be a lot calmer about all this because she's been using Google as her doctor and according to Dr. Google, sometimes babies won't have BM (new lingo I learned) for up to 20 days.  Still, it concerned me that he'd go from 100-0 so quick so I had her call our real doctors over at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.  They gave her some suggestions similar to what I had heard so Melissa started prepping the station, getting ready to 'suppositize' his butthole.  Right then and there, he started pooing.  Meliss called me in an excitement to tell me that the baby finally poo'd and while I was there jumping up and down on the phone celebrating with her, a sense of shame crept over me.  I didn't recognize this new me that cheers with joy and relief over my baby pooing.  This past month, I've been dreading every changing of the diaper, hoping that he DIDNT poo.  Shrug.  It's growth I guess.

Check out these pictures from last week:
|11|22|2014|  2 Days after his one month.  We decided to take him out to take studio pictures as a family.  One of the worst experience ever and it had nothing to do with Zay.  He just slept the entire time.  Didn't bother to look up even once.  

|11|23|2014|  First Sunday going to church.  Had to put him in his Sunday best.  The nerves were killing me that day.  Being around hundreds of people, many who have no boundaries or may be sick, totally freaked me out.  People were touching his face and leaning in all close.  Back up!

|11|23|2014|  A cake I bought to share with everyone in celebrating his one month.  Seemed like most people were too eager to eat cake to notice my clever wording.

|11|25|2014|  A major milestone for Meliss and I.  First time buying a new car!  So ironic that the car that hit us, forcing us to buy a new car, just so happened to be the new RAV4 as well.  But our hearts our so thankful that we can even  think about buying a new car.  We feel very fortunate and blessed.

Maybe its Maybelline #flawless #browgamestrong

I put that picture all the way at the bottom.  How could you possibly be mad after looking at that?  I know I started off this blog a little frustrated, but I wanted to be able to keep it real.  Having a baby isn't all just little cutsie moments all the time.  There will be times when I feel too overwhelmed to care.  I just hope that our tiredness and frustration never serves as a wedge between the relationship of Melissa and I.  So far, we have been a very solid team and it's what keeps us surging forward.  We need to be there to always encourage each other and pick each other up.  Onward ho! <- not you, Meliss


No comments:

Post a Comment